Baked Sea Bass with Tomato, Olives, Basil and Jersey Royals
One advantage of the lockdown is that it is giving most of us plenty of extra time to cook, and our Head Chef David Campbell (pictured above, at home) is particularly determined to keep his skills up to speed! He has whipped up this simple yet delicious dish, perfect for a healthy dinner any night of the week.
Any home cook can put together this straight-forward recipe in under half an hour. It’s healthy, nutritious, and easy to make for up to 6 people; its simplicity of preparation and ingredients makes it accessible to everyone.
Ingredients (to serve two people):
- 2 x Fillets Wild or Farmed Bass (Ask your fishmonger to fillet, descale and pin bone)
- 2 x Vine plum tomatoes
- 200g Jersey Royal potatoes
- 10 x Green olives
- Teaspoon of Capers
- 10 Basil leaves
- 1 x Lemon
- Good quality Extra Virgin olive oil x 75ml
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
- Freshly milled black pepper
- Baking parchment sheet
- Tin Foil
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Scrape the Jersey royals clean in cold water, rinse, and then cook till al dente in boiling water (approx 10-12 minutes). Drain, refresh and slice into pieces approximately 1-2 cm thick.
- Wash the tomatoes, remove cores, and cut into even-sized chunks. Season with The Maldon and leave to bleed in a colander for ten minutes, this helps to firm them up and season at same time
- Cut the olives into slices and mix with the capers. Shred in the basil leaves.
- Warm the olive oil very gently, season with the pepper, Maldon salt and a little lemon juice
- Add the olive oil to the olive, caper and basil mix, then add the tomatoes. You should have a nice bound Salsa-style mix
- Lay out a double sheet of tin foil, approx 1 foot square. Lay a similar size sheet of baking paper on top.
- Place your Sea Bass fillets skin-side down on the baking paper, spoon the olive tomato mix roughly over the fish, then roughly place the sliced Jersey royals over the top.
- Fold over and seal the sides of the tin foil and baking parchment
- Place on a tray in the pre-heated oven, and cook for approximately 10-12 mins
- Remove and serve with either a crunchy mixed salad, Tenderstem broccoli, or just as it is!
Let us know how you get on – and do please share your photos with us on social media!