We want to share our hidden acre of gardens with as many people as possible, so this year for the first time we joined The National Garden Scheme to open our gardens to the public in exchange for donations to the Scheme’s various nursing charities. Our two open days, on 5th and 6th July, raised over £900 for the Scheme, through online and cash donations.
The National Garden Scheme is a wonderful non-profit organisation which raises funds for nursing charities through the opening up of private gardens across the country. In exchange for a small donation, people can wander around up to 3,600 private gardens in England and Wales which they might otherwise not have seen, meeting the owners and gardeners, and learning about new plants.
Our own acre of gardens are hidden behind the façade of the Royal Crescent, so many people express surprise when they first discover they are here! In usual times the gardens can be enjoyed by hotel guests, visitors enjoying afternoon tea, and visitors to our spa.
We intend to open our gardens up again next July – will we see you there? We hope so – keep an eye on our Events Page for updates!
You Might Also Be interested In…
- Sustainability Potential: Unlocked! RCH Achieves Green Key Accreditation
- 180 Years to Grow and 50 Seconds to Go: The Felling – and Future – of our Oak Tree (Time-lapse Video)
- From Five Red Stars to Under The Stars: RCH Team Sleep Outside To Fundraise for Julian House
- Hotel Team To Sleep Outside for Charity Julian House
- Welcoming Martin Blake, Our New Head Chef