We hope everybody is having an interesting week so far. As for us, we feel like we have woken up in an episode of Hedgehog Bridgerton!
We had a hot tip from Lady Whistledown that an amorous local male hedgehog has been paying our rescue hedgehog Daphne unchaperoned visits, resulting in four very cute baby hoglets. Check out this footage of our newest guests, captured by our Night Manager Patryk and our Server Lukasz.
What WILL the Duke of Hastings say Daphne?
We consulted our Instagram followers for baby name suggestions, then asked people to vote for their favourites. The winning names, inspired by C.S. Lewis book The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, are Susan, Peter, Lucy and Edmund. Our three existing rescue hedgehogs Beatrix, Jane and Daphne are named after famous British writers, so this literary link feels quite appropriate!
- Sustainability Potential: Unlocked! RCH Achieves Green Key Accreditation
- 180 Years to Grow and 50 Seconds to Go: The Felling – and Future – of our Oak Tree (Time-lapse Video)
- From Five Red Stars to Under The Stars: RCH Team Sleep Outside To Fundraise for Julian House
- Hotel Team To Sleep Outside for Charity Julian House
- Welcoming Martin Blake, Our New Head Chef